All activities at Mahindarama Buddhist Temple in Penang, Malaysia will stop for 15 minutes from 9 am Malaysian time on Vesak Day of May 5 to be one with the world in metta meditation for world peace, harmony and stability.
Mahindarama Buddhist Temple is one of many participating Buddhist organisations and Buddhist individuals all over the world connecting with metta (loving kindness) in the Metta Round The World initiative at 1.00 GMT (9 am Malaysian time) on this thrice-blessed day of Vesak.
The Chief Monk of Mahindarama Buddhist Temple, Ven Dr Indaratana Maha Thera, said the temple is always a hive of activities during Vesak with many streaming in from the early hours to pay respect and homage to the Buddha on this full moon day of May to celebrate His birth, enlightenment and Mahaparinibbana
“However, this Vesak will be one with a difference as all the buzz will stop and all devotees in the temple will spend 15 minutes in calm and peace to collectively radiate loving kindness together with the rest of the world.
“The significance of Vesak lies with the Buddha and his universal peace message to the world. It could not have been more appropriate as we celebrate Vesak that we come together at One Time as One World in One Metta and be part of the global collective healing force.”
Ven Indaratana said Mahindarama Buddhist Temple is proud to be participating in this noble effort initiated by Ven Mahinda, the Founder and Spiritual Director of Aloka Foundation, to connect all peace-loving people with one heart and mind through meditation and prayer for peace, harmony and stability in the world.
The following is our compilation of Buddhist organisations that will be One With The World at 1.00 GMT on May 5:
- Aloka Buddhist Centre, Melaka, Malaysia
- Aloka Foundation, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Aloka House Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Aloka Meditation Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Asokaramaya Buddhist Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- BMSM Kajang, Malaysia
- Bodhi Heart Sanctuary, Penang, Malaysia
- Buddhist Cultural Centre, Sri Lanka
- Buddhist Gem Fellowship, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Buddhist Maha Vihara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Dhamma Vijaya Buddhist Centre, Kuching, Malaysia
- Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Information Centre, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple, USA
- Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society, Puchong, Malaysia
- Klang and Coast Buddhist Association, Klang, Malaysia
- Mahindarama Buddhist Temple, Penang, Malaysia
- Mudita Buddhist Society, Klang, Malaysia
- Pahang Buddhist Association, Kuantan, Malaysia
- Penang Bodhi Heart Sanctuary, Penang, Malaysia
- Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary, Taiping, Malaysia
- Setia Alam Sambodhi Buddhist Association, Shah Alam, Malaysia
- Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, Subang Jaya, Malaysia
- Sudhamma Buddhist Society. Seremban, Malaysia
- Taiping Insight Meditation Society, Taiping, Malaysia
- TiRatana Buddhist Society, NBC Klang, Malaysia
- TiRatana Lumbini Garden, Puchong, Malaysia
We may have inadvertently left out participating organisations or we have yet to be informed of your participation in this One Time.One World.One Metta compassionate love global meditation. Kindly email us at radiate@mettaroundtheworld,org to be included in this listing of organisations that will be One with the World in Metta Round The World.
We also understand that besides Malaysia and Singapore, there are other parts of the world that do not follow the Chinese Lunar Calendar and thus observe Vesak on May 6. Metta participants may be ONE with them in radiating metta on that day too for world peace, harmony and stability.